Ellen DeGeneres announces daddy kicks the metal bucket at 92 - Charmm

Top Gists

Friday 12 January 2018

Ellen DeGeneres announces daddy kicks the metal bucket at 92


Ellen DeGeneres on Twitter
These are real tough times for dearest comedienne and host of The Ellen show Ellen DeGeneres loses her father to the cold hands of death at a good old age of 92 shortly after she and her wife Portia Rossi were forced outta their Montecito home by mudslides!
  
You might say: "wow he lived really long and was really due." But never say that around a DeGeneres because the departure of this bundle of humor stung sharp and deep in the hearts of everyone who knew him. 


“Before we go to break, there’s something else I want to talk about. I mentioned yesterday when I was talking about all the mudslides that are going on in my community of Montecito, which is heartbreaking, I said that I had a lot going on in my life. In addition to what’s going on in Montecito, I lost my dad this week.
That is my dad, Elliot. That’s me when I was, I don’t know how old I was, but I do remember that picture.
Source: Ellen's Twitter
Those eyes(Ellen's) didn't go nowhere
Ellen and Elliot DeGeneres old photo

He was 92 years old, he had a good long life, and he lived his life exactly how he wanted. He was Christian Science his entire life, he never had medicine his whole life — never went to a doctor. I never had a vaccination. We never had medicine growing up. And he lived to be 92. He was very proud of me. He loved this show and he was a kind man, very accepting man. There was not one bone of judgment in his body. He was very funny. I'm sure my brother(Vance) and I got our sense of humor from him.

 source: wiki
Vance DeGeneres
“We only took one family vacation. When I was a little girl, we came to this lot(Burbank,) to the Warner Bros and took the tour and went around. And now, I work on the Warner Bros. lot and I have my own stage with my name on it. So he was really proud of that.

Source: Ellen's Twitter
Warnerbros Burbank lot with ranbow above

Happily though, his passing wasn't a sudden suprise as DeGeneres told her audiences that she was able to talk with him and “say goodbye to him.”
And just 10 minutes before he died, DeGeneres got a touching gift from above: a rainbow.
“I was leaving the building, and I looked back and there was a rainbow over the Warner Bros. studio. This looks photoshopped,” she said, referencing a photo shared with audiences of a large rainbow above the Warner Bros. building.
“This is what I saw after I talked to my dad and he died 10 minutes later after that,” she said. “Pretty amazing. … I got a rainbow before he died.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want to hear it

Pages